Today we had a driving day. Unfortunately for Justin, our two portable DVD players (along with our good quality camera), have all decided to pack it in and stop working while in Katherine. Therefore we had 650km of glorious ‘in house’ entertainment (I-spy, music and food), and a great job he did too! We have promised the kids that we will find DVD player replacements in Alice Springs so I hope they have a Dick Smith or something here!
We stopped at the Devils Marbles on the way today. Very cool round granite boulders. The Aboriginal story is that they are the rainbow serpent’s eggs. The kids were very interested in this and wanted to find a way to look inside the eggs.
We also used the break to eat our yellow watermelon which we bought in Katherine. It was locally grown and tasted just like a normal watermelon. I hadn’t seen one before:
We have now arrived in Alice Springs. We are here at a ‘Big 4’ caravan park for 4 nights. Hopefully we can use the pause in travel to all get well again. Cooper is just coming out of a cold, Lachlan and I have caught it and feel awful, Justin thinks he is getting it, and Jack has put his neck out and can’t hold his head straight. Lets hope Neurofen, Dimetapp and Demazin can work their magic overnight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment