Today we had to do some housekeeping so it was off to the laundromat. Here they charge by weight, and we had four large plastic bags full of laundry. To have them washed, dried and returned is only $28! Sensational!
Once we had done that, we headed to the Natural History Museum to see dinosaurs, dinosaurs and more dinosaurs - oh and some mammals and stuff too, but mainly dinosaurs.
After returning home for our regular aftenoon rest, we met up with the Reids again for dinner at a pizza restaurant in Times Square.
I had heard that I could get half price tickets at the TKS booth at Times
Square, so Mark took the kids home while I tried to get tickets. Turns out you can’t get any ‘good’ tickets from there, so I tried my luck for a cancellation ticket at the theatre playing Hamilton. I lined up for half an hour with some lovely locals - had a great chat, and then was offered ‘Standing Room Only’ tickets for $40 - for a 3 hour show! Didn’t sound like my kind of thing so I went home instead (via Bloomingdales to have a lookat clothing - nothing there).
Tomorrow I look for better tickets....
No comments:
Post a Comment